Sunday, July 27, 2008

Suggestions?

the white cliffs of dover
sheep dotted hills in ireland (while wearing a woolen sweater)
stonehenge
roman baths
colisseum
parthenon
venice
eiffel tower
the hermitage
heidelberg
stockholm
hagfors
copenhagen
madrid
seville
rota
puerto de santa maria
sistine chapel
david
victoria falls
capetown
an elephant/lion/tiger in natural habitat
giza
mayan pyramids
machu pichu
the qin emperors terra cotta army (should be higher on the list)
the great wall and hong kong and beijing
the ganges and mumbai
hanoi
sydney
yosemite
yellowstone
maine -coast of
carmel river beach


these are all the places i want to go in my life. I am just realizing that I will perhaps not make it there - except for Carmel River Beach (and of course the European places I went when 6 months old). What I need to know is if I am now 43.5 and at best I have 40 more years left of travel in me and that as of now I have no travel money/plans....fuck I don't even have a passport anymore.... will any of the above dreams come true???? It would seem that if I work hard and make a decent living I could perhaps do those things....but my priorities are intermingled with the priorities of another human being (and I'm pretty sure his list of places to see would be shorter than mine).

How should I try to achieve my dreams of world travel?

There must be a way.

2 comments:

vuboq said...

vuboq suggests careful saving ... and/or winning the lottery.

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

As that other person, I agree that all those places would be good to see, and would be on my list, although I'd have to add the Egyptian Pyramids and "Orbiting the Earth" to my list. But i also agree with the previous comment... careful saving or winning the lottery.