Sunday, February 01, 2009

Giani Bernini

My Giani Bernini bag may be gone.

Katherine gave me a gift card to Macy's and I took an afternoon to decide what to use it on - carefully. I chose a gorgeous leather tote that had a small purse inside. I love it. I have treated it with TLC ever since I got it. But today, on a trip to Colonial $#$&^%* Williamsburg, it bit the dust. We were having such fun, a gorgeous day.

I reached in to grab a sip of my bottle of water, and came up with an empty bottle. Yes, the entire bottle of water had drained out, into my bag. Everything was soaked.

My cell phone is a paper weight, all paperwork is trash, a pack of gum gone, and my purse, saturated. I literally dumped out the water into a puddle.

I felt Donna Summer's emotion, someone left the cake out in the rain and I'll never have that recipe again.

Odds I'll get to replace a high priced Italian leather bag = 0.









Unless I get my husband a new lens for his camera, a new guitar, a new music player and headphones, and some other gadget or two......and then my guilt will consume me for the things we NEED. And, I hate to admit, I don't really NEED an Italian leather tote with wristlet that feels like butter.

Back to the hippy Chairman Mao satchel with the hole in it.

UPDATE: NEW CELL PHONE IS AWESOME FOR ONLY $29. LG VOYAGER!
GIANI BERNINI BAG = SALVAGABLE.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Actually a question--does anyone know how to safely clean inside of Giani Bernini leather handbag?(

vic said...

Saddle Soap made especially for leather. That's what cleans saddles for horses. work really well.

vic said...

inside swish some mild soap and water around and turn it inside out to dry.
s