Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my feet....

I know you have been waiting, and not wanting to disappoint...here is the history of ......my feet.

There are no footprints of my feet at birth....my sister's have those of theirs, but my page is ....blank.





When I was little I was reminded that I am one of the lucky few to have had my feet in the Mediterranean, the Atlantic, and the Pacific. That does make me feel lucky, but I also want to have my feet in the Mediterranean again, and the Pacific again....and after a week like the past few I've had...I'd settle for the Atlantic. Hell, the Gulf would be alright. I hope that doesn't make me greedy.

When I was about 4, I stepped on a bee, the first memorable injury to my piggies. More memorable, is the endless tickling and the singing of that piggie feet song ....the phrase..."and THIS little piggie...." makes me cringe to this day.

These feet once sported angry cowboy boots that stomped through the dust and straight into the snow when they left California for the unknown and (thankfully) still untold horrors of Connecticut.

These feet once stood firm as they put a boot right in the ass of that ass who convinced them to go to Connecticut....although it took these feet a few years to get the courage.

These feet have walked the terrifying halls of "higher learning," only to have their owner wonder, what exactly is "lower learning?" and....something about "higher" made them laugh.

These feet walked the streets of D.C. at 3 am handing out flyers of a certain missing person.

These feet have skipped and danced and jumped with joy at the return of said missing person, and said missing persons achievements.

These feet have throbbed, stepped in cat shit, do not believe that stepping in dog shit brings good luck (MOM!) get dirty when walking around bare (IN the house) and are dying to explore different soils and different experiences.

These feet hold up these 200 pounds from 8 am to 5 pm most days with no break and they HURT. These feet have bunions, cuticles, callouses, blisters and need a pedicure.





If I had a paypal, I'd start a collection for my pedicure fund....and I know you would contribute....right?

No comments: