Monday, May 19, 2008

fifes and drums!

Our recent journey to Williamsburg was filled with fifes and drums and yankee doodle dandy and all that. We experienced a torch-lit night time jam session of drum geeks that was impressive, and loud, and well, kind of weird.

I have not blogged, but I have plenty of topics to blog about:

living with 21st century hippies (my kid who hates to appear on my blog... and her cohort)

timeshare sales experiences (such fun! ha ha -- we did not get suckered in--- well, sort of)

colonial history (I know we're all waiting to read this fascinating topic as if it hasn't been rammed down our collective throat all our lives in Virginia) hey, I learned new stuff in Williamsburg!

restaurants...and gps systems...gas and grocery prices...dog neutering (side note: all our animals are fixed) marriage sometimes can be affected adversely by bad gps systems and hard to find waffle restaurants.

leaving two teens in charge of the house for the weekend and wondering on a Monday evening what that strange odor is that permeates everything....

joy of all joys it is SOL week (s) ......which in Virginia means that the only thing of importance is the fucking SOl tests and making sure that we meet AYP. and like the kids probably now feel -- I could not care less.

Oh...and my husband has decided to use *his* disposable income to take flying lessons. He doesn't have life insurance. Nice.

I now know why it is my destiny to live here instead of the California coast which I love so much: no cliffs with crashing waves and rip tides in which to throw myself.

And in good news: I got a $28 bottle of wine!!! Ain't no better than the 7-10 I typically enjoy.

I found out that Thomas Jefferson (my colonial, Virginian, American, male, red-headed, gardening, gourmand, architectural, educated, liberal hero) has over 5,000 biographies dedicated to him! I walked along streets he did, I touched (even though I wasn't supposed to!) surfaces he once may have touched! And...I forgave him a little bit more for his enslavement of servants. If he freed his slaves, they would have been homeless and jobless in an at best hostile environment. I think he'd vote for Obama (like we all should) if he could.

ciao for now!

No comments: