Sunday, May 04, 2008

Adventures in Dog Sitting

This history of is more like the history of the last couple days in my life vs. something with a real historical connection.

I was asked to dog sit my friend's (we'll call her Sheila) doggies. It was fun, and gave me some time all to myself, and so I took pictures and pondered many things.

Here is how it began:




Just in case you can't read all those directions, complete with check boxes - I zoomed in on the funniest. This was for one night.
Note that Pete should have 3 green beans - not 4, and that Margaret should get 10. I diligently counted them out. Then I put the cut up chicken on the food and let it soak appropriately. By this time, I was thoroughly pooped (traffic was bad, long day at work, then I forgot the chicken!)

At 8:27 (not the 8:30 time on the dog's pink watch), I let them out, and back in. Then, a few hours later I got them ready for bed. There is a whole other page about the bedtime ritual - for dogs -

It was rather cute, as I retrieved the dog beds from the basement to carry up to the bedroom, I noticed something strange: no dogs!

As I turned the corner to the bedroom, there they sat in anticipation of their beds. And here I thought it would be a chore to get them tucked in properly. They obediently watched and waited while their beds were prepped, and then they snuggled in for the night.

Other observations I made during my alone time:Apparently, healthy cereal has some political connotations. What are "blossoms" when they come in a cereal box?? Surely, not blossoms as in flowers?? Scary. Of course, what would I know about eating healthy? I ate cookies with wine for dinner. (Hey, I was alone!)

Sheila is very crafty and creative and artistic, so I used her surroundings to try my hand at creativity: I call this "still life with bulbs":









I pondered my existence with the help of this character:
And, yes, he (she?) was sitting in silent judgement of my dinner choice. Fukking duck.

The dogs seemed to come out unscathed: Pete - in not-so-silent judgement

Then, Sam - who I was not allowed to photograph alone - according to Pete his all time protector:



And then finally, the very vicious dingo-like Margaret who will, in fact, kill you.

No comments: